help install bind on solaris 8

Harry Sufehmi Harry_Sufehmi at birmingham.gov.uk
Tue Aug 15 17:10:19 UTC 2000

Mike Hoyman <mhoyman at redcipher.com>

probe_ipv6
/src/port/solaris/bin/probe_ipv6: gcc: not found
gcc  -g -O2 -I../../port/solaris/include -I../../include -c noop.c
sh: gcc: not found

I am not an unix admin but it looks like I have path problems.  Can anyone
help me?
-----------------------------------

edit your /.profile file, and add something like this in it:

------
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export PATH
------

I setup my gcc using WebWizard and it installed them in /usr/local/bin,
therefore you need to put it in your PATH var.

If you have gcc installed elsewhere, adjust accordingly.

If you don't know where is it, type: find / -name gcc
to find it.

regards,
-HS

the system manager.