help install bind on solaris 8

M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
Tue Aug 15 16:35:08 UTC 2000

I posted detailed instructions on compiling 8.2.2.P5 on Solaris 8 on July
20th 2000.  Check the Archives at http://www.isc.org

http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/bind-users/2000/07/msg00777.html if you
don't want to search for it.

Mike

--
Mike Ashcraft, Sr. Network Engineer
epixtech, Inc.
M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com

                    Mike Hoyman
                    <mhoyman at redcip        To:     bind-users at isc.org, bind-workers at isc.org
                    her.com>               cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     help install bind on solaris 8
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    08/14/00 05:26
                    PM

Hello all I am setting up a dns and alternative dns server on two ultra
10's.  About a month ago I install bind8.2.2 and it worked install with no
problems.

Today I am setting up a second ultra 10 however I have solaris 2.8 on it.
The make stdlinks, clean, depend compiles fine.

However when I recompile with make I get

dev-web# make
Using .systype
Using .settings
/src/include
/src/include/arpa
/src/include/isc
/src/port
/src/port/solaris
/src/port/solaris/include
/src/port/solaris/include/sys
choose_bitypes
sys/bitypes.h is up-to-date.
make_os_version
probe_ipv6
/src/port/solaris/bin/probe_ipv6: gcc: not found
gcc  -g -O2 -I../../port/solaris/include -I../../include -c noop.c
sh: gcc: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `noop.o'
Current working directory /src/port/solaris
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory /src/port
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

I am not an unix admin but it looks like I have path problems.  Can anyone
help me?

thanks in advance...

************
Mike Hoyman