Over my head

David McDougall dave at mcdougall.ndo.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 20:21:29 UTC 2000

I am currently attempting to create a situation whereby all computers on
my small network can access the internet via the modem connection
present on one of the computers.

After downloading the files for both Bind 4.9.7 and 8.2.2P5 in NT
versions and looking at Len Conrad's Bind 8 for NT4 site i think i might
be in over my head.

I am running Win95 on both of my present computers but the total will be
5/6 computers when i move back to Uni. I expect that i could do this
easier with a commercial package (or Win98 Internet Connection Sharing)
but i am a bit short of money at the moment and would appreciate the
challenge. Eventually with the addition of the other computers the
server will be changed to a Linux box dedicated to the job.

I suppose my main question really is whether Bind will run on my current
Win95 system without having to recompile the source (if so my next
question would be HOW)?

Thanks for any help

Ian McDougall