WIn 95 resolver problem

Ben ah_ben at cmpmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:20:04 UTC 2000

Hi Juan,

Let me try to understand your situation a bit further.

1) How do you ascertain that the 1st DNS is not resolving the your query?
There is a book on Windows NT DNS that actually states that if a name error
query is returned to the resolver. The client resolver will not proceed on
to the 2nd DNS server, unless the 1st DNS server is down, i.e the DNS
service is not available or the timeout value has arrived before a query is
returned to the resolver.

2) Change your DNS search order.

3) Do you have a unix box? Try putting the same DNS search order in your
/etc/resolv.conf and see if the sam results occurred.

Hope the above will help you to isolate your problem further....

Best Wishes
Ben
news:000501bfa48c$346cb760$83151e26 at us.logical.com...