alternate port / alternate way for master DNS zone xfers ?

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 11:59:29 UTC 1999

I know I'm jumping into this a bit late on, but I have a similar problem.

I have my own network with it's own DNS and it all works fine.
My problem is that I have a link to someone else's network
using a CISCO ISDN router that i have no control over.  My problem is
that I cannot get my DNS to forward requests for their DNS through the
router.  If I nslookup using their server it works fine, but if I use my
server it fails.  I need my named to talk to their named as though it
was a client and not a named itself.  Is this possible?

Jan Vicherek <honza at ied.com> wrote in article
<Pine.LNX.4.10.9910142325530.11783-100000 at ann.ied.com>...