Setting up a Primary DNS correctly

Daniel Pfeifer danpfe at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 12:34:34 UTC 1999

Hello,

first: I am very unfirm about all this technical stuff. But I hope, someone
is so nice and can help me :-)

I bought a Cobalt RAQ2 Webserver and hosted this server at an internet
provider in california. I got the IPs 206.62.141.10, .12, .13 and .14. It
was a horrible fight to make the name server ns1.hostitforfree.com. Well,
that works now when I use InterNIC domain names. But some international NICs
check, if the name servers are correctly configured. The German NIC told me
that there is an in-addr.arpa string missing. What do they mean, I  have no
idea. Anything with the server is set up over a web-menu and so I never need
to use Telnet for anything. But I think for this in-addr.arpa thing I should
telnet on that server and change something.

Does anybody have an idea how to make this work. The failure message of the
registration bot of the NIC is: Can't find server name for 206.62.141.12.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Daniel