TLD alias? TLD CNAME?

Rudy Moore rudymoore at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:20:51 UTC 1999

Hi all,

I'm just starting to get into all this DNS stuff, and have been using
O'Reilly's DNS&BIND for reference.  Can't find a solution to this
problem:

- My DNS is authoritative for TLD company.com, which has about 4 MX and
100 A RRs.
- We would like to add TLD for each of the dozen products we sell
(product1.com, etc).
- We would like identical MX and A records for each of these productx
TLD's.

Is this a nightmare (have to copy my zone files for initial setup and for
each update) or is there some clever alias or CNAME type way to have all
these producx.com domains "point to" company.com?

Thanks for your help,

Rudy