bind-8.2.2 chroot spec for RH6

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Nov 1 22:43:31 UTC 1999

>     Dave> I'm just not sure what to do with ndc, as it's now a binary,
>     Dave> and doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the chroot'd
>     Dave> named.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this
>     Dave> to work?
>
> Make sure there's a /var/run directory (of whatever) in your chroot'ed
> jail. You'll need some directory like that for the ndc UNIX domain
> socket that ndc and named use to talk to each other. And if ndc is
> used in signal mode, check that the named.pid file gets written
> somewhere suitable in your chroot directory.

This should in fact be the directory whose name is the value of DESTRUN
in your Makefile.set file before you compiled BIND.

Of course, if you compiled in the wrong directory, you can change the
location of the file for 'ndc' with either the
	-p pid-file
or
	-c channelfile
arguments to 'ndc'.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
	PLEASE ... send or Cc: all "COSPO/OSIS Computer Support"
		     mail to sys-adm at cospo.osis.gov