logging requests

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Jul 2 10:45:27 UTC 1999

Bill:

What I'm trying to do is exactly the opposite:

Log requests users on my network make to web and news servers outside my
network.

I can do packet logging at the firewall, but that generates an enormous
amount of info very quickly; what I really want to see is who on my
network is accessing www.xxx.com, etc., and how much time some people
are spending surfing the net.

I use IP masq, and force all my internal users to use the local bind, so
all requests go through it.  Now I just need to figure out how to log
them.

Maybe what I'm looking for is some logging utility?

Any ideas?

Yan