[Kea-users] Where to put data for kea.

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Jan 10 09:02:38 UTC 2024

Le 10/01/2024 à 08:22:08+0000, Nicolò Borghi a écrit

Hi,

> as far as I understand, either you find a way to handle the JSON kea-dhcp4.conf

So you are saying I still can put everything inside one file ? Do you known
if they are a limit of the size of the conf file ?

> configuration file (which is open source) or you buy the premium hook library
> exposing the MySQL/PostgreSQL Configuration Backend hooks.

Ok.

> Actually, Kea should be able to READ from a given DB, since those hook
> libraries are open source as well. What is however not possible without the
> premium package is to WRITE the configurations to the DB. Keep in mind that the
> DB tables have complex dependencies from each other, so it's not really viable
> to write directly to the DB.

Ok. I see the Kea can work with netbox, I also see the netbox have the
«host reservation», in that case do I still need the premium hook ?

Regards

--
Albert SHIH 🦫 🐸
France