[Kea-users] Where to put data for kea.

Nicolò Borghi borghi.nicolo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 08:22:08 UTC 2024

Hi,

as far as I understand, either you find a way to handle the JSON kea-dhcp4.conf configuration file (which is open source) or you buy the premium hook library exposing the MySQL/PostgreSQL Configuration Backend hooks.

Actually, Kea should be able to READ from a given DB, since those hook libraries are open source as well. What is however not possible without the premium package is to WRITE the configurations to the DB. Keep in mind that the DB tables have complex dependencies from each other, so it's not really viable to write directly to the DB.

Hope this can help.

Best,
Nicolò.