[Kea-users] Help in Release Kea-2.4.1 (Migration of IPv6 addresses to INET for PostgreSQL)

Muhammad Zain engr.zaiin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 06:15:06 UTC 2024

Hi List Members / Developers

We have an issue after migrating from Kea 2.3.8 to Kea 2.4.1. The
issue we are facing in release 2.4.x is the
Migration of IPv6 addresses to INET for postgresql. (issue#2909)

Reference to issue#2909 in kea
repository.https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/-/issues/2909

We are using a postgres compatible database that is YugabyteDB that
does not support INET as primary key yet as this feature was requested
given in github issue
below;https://github.com/yugabyte/yugabyte-db/issues/7761

Versions of Kea upto 2.3.8 are running fine with it.

The current option as per our understanding, we have available is to
revert the INET for IPv6 data type for release 2.4.1 to work with it.

Kindly Please help and guide us on this issue and how to revert this
in code and if we revert it what other necessary changes in code are
directly will be impacted. If there is some better option available.
That will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Zayn