[Kea-users] KEA MySQL Database Backend Tips

egor.grijuc at orange.com egor.grijuc at orange.com
Tue Nov 21 14:37:41 UTC 2023

Hi.
We are using main-backup scenario. Also we use cobfig.backend in mysql. Configuration of kea is made through api.We dont use db redundancy, when we make chabges in config we send api calls to both servers and we have a tool that makes verifications of configuration of server1 = config of server2.
Also from cron we use mysqldump of all tables exept log table(it dumps in another routine). Also fast way of dumping config is api call config-get. The result of config-get call can be used in config-set call that pushes config to new server. So in case if you need fast server restore on new hardware you must setup api interface and maoe api call.
Api of kea is very fast.
So i recomend usage of all tools for backup:mysqldump, config-get/config-set/text config backup(kea-dhcp4,kea-dhcp6,keactl...)
The fastest way of restoring kea on new harware is uploading kea text config from backup and config-set from api. Also if you use leases backend and you upload leases information before starting services-you will have also leases info and when devices will try to renew lease-they will not have problems