[Kea-users] Using DHCP Relays

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jan 20 08:17:49 UTC 2023

It seems I have to rebuild my DHCP setup.

Currently I have vlan interfaces on the kea-servers to provide DHCP to
each defined VLAN.

This leads to problems: the VLAN interfaces also set routes to the
various VLANs, this breaks routing for the Samba DCs also running on the
same hardware.

(I skip the details, off topic here)

So it seems I have to remove the VLAN interfaces and somehow use a DHCP
relay (on the existing pfsense) for each of the VLANs.

What I don't yet understand: how to assign requests coming from VLAN X
to the matching subnet X on Kea?

I read something around "circuit ID" and "agent ID" here:

https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/services/dhcp/relay.html

Could someone share an example how to set that up with kea?

thanks!