[Kea-users] Using DHCP Relays

Kevin P. Fleming lists.kea-users at kevin.km6g.us
Fri Jan 20 11:21:12 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023, at 03:17, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> What I don't yet understand: how to assign requests coming from VLAN X
> to the matching subnet X on Kea?
>
> I read something around "circuit ID" and "agent ID" here:
>
> https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/services/dhcp/relay.html
>
> Could someone share an example how to set that up with kea?

There isn't anything to do in Kea; it's done in the DHCP relay. The relay adds the necessary information when it forwards the DISCOVER requests so that the DHCP server can map the request to a subnet.

If you're using pfSense, you'll need to consult its documentation to learn how to setup a DHCP relay there.