[Kea-users] Manually Setting Option Code 1

Ritterhoff, Florian florian.ritterhoff at hm.edu
Wed Nov 16 15:54:33 UTC 2022

Hello,

We are currently trying to setup a Kea DHCP Server for our local campus network. We would like to assign several clients a /32 network so they only communicate with the given gateway. Sadly, until now I’ve been unable to find any working configuration that allows us to achieve this goal.

Setting the code 1 to 255.255.255.255 using the option data does not seem to work?

              {
                "code": 1,
                "data": "255.255.255.255"
              }

Is there maybe any advice what options should be changed or modified?

Thanks!

Florian Riterhoff
--
Florian Ritterhoff - Central IT Department
Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences