[Kea-users] Manually Setting Option Code 1

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Wed Nov 16 16:22:35 UTC 2022

Ritterhoff, Florian writes:

> Setting the code 1 to 255.255.255.255 using the option data does not
> seem to work?

=> yes, as explained in the ARM the netmask is one of the options
directly managed by Kea so it can't be configured.

quoting it from the sources:
> :ref:`dhcp4-std-options-list` comprises the list of the
> standard DHCPv4 options whose values can be configured using the
> configuration structures described in this section. This table excludes
> the options which require special processing and thus cannot be
> configured with fixed values.

> Is there maybe any advice what options should be changed or modified?

=> if it can't be configured it still can be overwritten using the
flex_option hook (I wonder if it is not the most changed option in
DHCPv4? :-) so the response will have the value you want instead
the value deduced from the config.

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: please share the flex_option config so the next person who will have
a similar problem can save time (the question is not whether but when :-).