[Kea-users] Also Arch Linux? (was Debian packages for Kea 1.0)

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Tue Feb 9 10:05:56 UTC 2016

Tomek,

At 2016-02-08 21:50:03 +0100
Tomek Mrugalski <tomasz at isc.org> wrote:

> Good news, everyone!

Indeed! :)

https://tinyurl.com/zsfdt95

> 17 months ago I asked good Debian people to consider packaging Kea.
> Thanks to Adam Majer, Kea is now available in Debian!

That's great! Debian is usually my distribution of choice. I only have
a few systems that don't run Debian, and most of those run a
Debian-derived distribution (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, or Raspbian).

Sadly, my Kea system is Arch Linux. :( I don't mind building by hand,
but of course having things packaged is usually nicer. I just checked,
and was pleasantly surprised to see that there is a package:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kea/

It's in the "Arch User Repository", which is sort of
official-but-not-official place where packages can live in Arch Linux.
It looks like it's even being somewhat actively maintained (originally
submitted last year in May and updated in December).

I'll probably switch to this version soon to check it out - at least
until I start the much-delayed Kea PostgreSQL hacking. ;)

Sorry if the Arch version was already announced here, but I don't
remember seeing it....

Cheers,

--
Shane