[Kea-users] Also Arch Linux? (was Debian packages for Kea 1.0)

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue Feb 9 11:29:38 UTC 2016

On 09.02.2016 11:05, Shane Kerr wrote:
>> Good news, everyone!
> Indeed! :)
> https://tinyurl.com/zsfdt95
Kea: delivering DHCP packets faster than Planet Express. :)

> That's great! Debian is usually my distribution of choice. I only have
> a few systems that don't run Debian, and most of those run a
> Debian-derived distribution (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, or Raspbian).
>
> Sadly, my Kea system is Arch Linux. :( I don't mind building by hand,
There's nothing a couple hours of Debian installation couldn't fix ;)
Seriously speaking though, it's great to see Kea running on yet another
system.

> but of course having things packaged is usually nicer. I just checked,
> and was pleasantly surprised to see that there is a package:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kea/
>
> It's in the "Arch User Repository", which is sort of
> official-but-not-official place where packages can live in Arch Linux.
> It looks like it's even being somewhat actively maintained (originally
> submitted last year in May and updated in December).
Awesome. I took some time and updated Kea installation notes a bit.
It now includes Arch packages as well:

http://kea.isc.org/wiki/SystemSpecificNotes

> Sorry if the Arch version was already announced here, but I don't
> remember seeing it....
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Thanks.

Cheers,
Tomek