[Kea-users] Debian packages for Kea 1.0

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Mon Feb 8 20:50:03 UTC 2016

Good news, everyone!

17 months ago I asked good Debian people to consider packaging Kea.
Thanks to Adam Majer, Kea is now available in Debian!

You can find the list of packages here:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=kea

Or use the standard Debian tools to install the packages.

Kea packages are fresh. I mean really fresh. They were added to
unstable/sid today. If there are no serious issues with them, they will
become available in testing distro in couple days. I don't recall the
exact migration policy, but I think it was 7 or 10 days without critical
issues. Hopefully, they'll get into the next stable release
as well.

If you happen to be a Debian user, please consider testing those
packages. If there are any Debian specific issues (e.g. dpkg scripts
failing), please report them using Debian bug tracking. It doesn't hurt
to mention them here as well, but please keep in mind that the Debian
packages are not maintained by ISC engineers, so we can't really fix or
improve them on our own.

If there are issues with Kea itself, please report them here or using
kea trac (http://kea.isc.org).

If you're interested, the details about this packaging was documented
here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=759703

Tomek Mrugalski
ISC Kea lead engineer