Graphing DHCP pools

project722 project722 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 15:48:25 UTC 2017

I see this in syslog and when running snmpd in the foreground.

Dec 22 09:19:02 <host> snmpd[6816]: Duplicate IPv4 address detected, some
interfaces may not be visible in IP-MIB

[root~]# /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lo -p /var/run/snmpd.pid -a
Duplicate IPv4 address detected, some interfaces may not be visible in
IP-MIB

Now, while this may appear to be a problem, keep in mind that I can
remotely do an snmpget to other OID's. The breakdown seems to be limited to
the OID for dhcpd-snmp.

And, just to provide a background on the duplicate IP address message, the
server does not have duplicate IP's but rather 2 different IPv4 addresses
assigned to a single interface. So, my guess is this is what's being
detected by snmpd.