whereas server does DDNS, make a client not to - ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 16 13:42:22 UTC 2023

Hi guys

I have a server with:

ddns-updates            on;
update-static-leases    on;
ddns-update-style       interim;

in general/main config section. Now I'm trying to make a
client(s) - which client is Fedora 38 - not to do that, so I
have a client like here:

host oshiftbootstrap {
   option fqdn.fqdn  "oshift.lot.";
   option fqdn.no-client-update true;
   option fqdn.server-update false;
   option domain-name  "oshift.lot.";
   option host-name  "ocp-bootstrap.oshift.lot.";
   hardware ethernet 02:3b:ab:41:6e:99;
   fixed-address     10.3.1.244;
   default-lease-time    86400;
   max-lease-time        864000;
}

and yet it turns out, it won't do.
I still see 'dhcpd' logs:
Unable to build name for fwd update:
ocp-bootstrap.oshift.lot..mine.priv empty label

I must be confusing something. I'll add only that client's
end of equation cannot be re-configured.
In another, simpler words - goals is to have 'dhcpd' (to
try) to do DDNS for all but some clients.

All suggestions and thoughts shared are much appreciated.
many thanks, L.