isc-dhcp-server ignoring requests because there are no IPv4 addresses configured

Markus Krainz ldm at gmx.at
Tue Feb 7 17:38:25 UTC 2023

Hi Rudy,

appreciate the response!

No, I don't have an explicit subnet declaration for the 192.168.129.x
network in /etc/dhcpd.conf.
I would like this information to come from the configured network mask /
address on the interface.

In the meantime further log analysis confirmed that at boot
the network-online dependency of isc-dhcp-server is not honored.
I believe this is a bug within the distribution that I am using.

I was able to work around this issue by completely stopping to use the
default NetworkManager.
And switching to systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved instead.
Now with networkd as renderer in netplan isc-dhcp-server reliably starts as
expected.

Best regards
Markus