What does update-conflict-detection true; do

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Jul 19 08:03:34 UTC 2017

man dhcpd.conf

          The update-conflict-detection statement

            update-conflict-detection flag;

            If the update-conflict-detection parameter is true, the server
will perform standard DHCID multiple-client, one-name conflict
detection.  If the parameter has been set false, the server
will skip this check and instead simply tear down any previous
bindings to install the new binding without question.  The
default is true.

So false means ignore the DHCID record.

regards,
-glenn