dhcpd doesn't acknowledge dhcp requests

Sean McMurray sean at mvtel.com
Tue Jun 9 17:30:13 UTC 2015

I have stripped dhcpd.conf all the way down to this:

     log-facility local6;

     subnet 10.112.0.0 netmask 255.248.0.0 {
       option routers 10.112.0.1;
       pool {
         range 10.112.1.0 10.112.255.255;
       }
     }

I have disabled SELinux. I have disabled iptables.
I have purged the leasefile.
Still, dhcpd does not respond to DHCPDISCOVERs.