dhcpd doesn't acknowledge dhcp requests

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Jun 8 22:21:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 14:49 -0700, Sean McMurray wrote:
> strace shows the daemon receiving requests but not responding.
> I'm stumped as to why it won't respond.

That certainly seems strange. Have you tried removing the log statements
completely? I would call it a bug if that changes anything, but it would
be easy to try.

With the stock CentOS 7 package it should not be SELinux related, unless
there was an error in the definitions. However, could you try disabling
SELinux if you haven't already?

Other than that I can only think of starting the daemon with a trace
file (-tf flag), which should let someone with adequate skills figure
out exactly what happens inside the process.

--
Peter