Restricting leases

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:26:14 UTC 2015

Good morning Patrick,

While the typical RTFM is always encouraged I believe the option(s) that
will benefit you the most regarding a wildcard whitelist of nodes per
network segment would be the section within the dhcpd.conf titled 'client
classing' & 'subclasses'.

The examples provided should give you some insight into allowing devices
based on the hardware identifier or other unique device identifiers. More
information on these can be obtained in RFC-2132 (
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2131.txt) table 3 (fields and options in a DHCP
message).

Hope this helps