static-routes option not working on Android based embedded platform.

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 10:07:31 UTC 2014

Glenn Satchell <glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au> wrote:

> If the client doesn't have that option in the parameter request list it
> sends to the server, then it may ignore the option when sent by the
> server, or the server may not send it. See if there is a way to request
> the static routes option on the client.

Which rather comes round to : if you have to configure the client manually before it can be configured properly by DHCP, then it rather defaults the point of DHCP !

I'm with Phil, do the routing in the routers - then it's only one place to configure it and you don't have to try and second guess how different clients will work (or not).