Changing output from error to info

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Nov 11 23:43:22 UTC 2014

On 11/10/14 10:59 AM, Shawn Routhier wrote:

> The problem we would solve is to more properly align the message groupings.

Sorry to be pedantic, but what you just did was a statement of work,
it's not a problem. The problem would be something along the lines of,
"Because the messages are misaligned, I see the following bad things
happen: ..."

I haven't seen a problem statement that even comes close to justifying
this change.

> So somebody who doesn't want to see these in their syslog would be able to avoid
> them.

But someone who doesn't want to see those messages already has numerous
options. The best/most obvious one is to properly configure your service
so that you don't get those errors. I would argue that the errors
deserve to be errors, since if you see them it means that you missed at
least one (arguably more) configuration steps.

FWIW, my vote is to not make this change.

Doug