dhcp-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 11

lyndon villas sox316 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:33:32 UTC 2014

> Hi Patrick,

   Here's i want to accomplish:

   1. Check if Option 61 value is in the class entry (ex.
client-circuitid_class), If YES, then check if Circuit-id is is the
available, if no Circuit-id please assign IP address from IP Pool.

   2. If both Option 61 and Circuit-iD are present, compared it to the
class entry (e.g client-circuitid_class). If matches the entry, please
assign IP address from IP Pool.

   3. Option 61 is not defined (null) but Circuit-id is available and can
be found in the class entry (e.g client-circuitid_class), please assign IP
address from IP pool.

I hope this pseudocode helps.

Best Regards,
Lyndon

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 09:22:02 +0000
> From: Patrick Trapp <ptrapp at nex-tech.com>
> To: Users of ISC DHCP <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
> Subject: RE: Matching client DHCP request against Option 61 and Option
>         82      (circuit        id)

> Off the top of my head, I'm not remembering what Option 61 is, but I have
> a fair bit of practice with match statements. Have you worked it out yet?
> Do you have an obfuscated example of what you are trying to accomplish in
> pseudocode to get the conversation started?
>
> Something like
>
> If Option 82 is "circuit-id-1", do something 1. If Option 82 is
> "circuit-id-1" and Option 61 is present, do something 2. If Option 82 is
> "circuit-id-2" and Option 61 is "option-61-first", do something 3.
>
> More detail is better, especially if you have worked out part of the
> config and we don't have to sweat that part. I'm at GMT-6, so I'm not sure
> how well our schedules will mesh (it's rather early for me as I type this)
> but if that's not a deterrent, let's see what we can do.
>
> Patrick

Regards,

Lyndon A. Villas