[DHCP] Clean up of the dhcpd.leases file

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Mar 19 17:39:51 UTC 2012

On 3/19/2012 11:08 AM, King, Harold Clyde (Hal) wrote:
> It looks as if I have a bunch of MACs with multiple leases. I'd like
> to start over with a clean leases file. Is there a way to clean the
> leases file while dhcpd is down? I know I can't just delete it, as
> that would lose all my dhcp static entries.

     That's actually exactly what I do, just delete the file.  Static
IPs are defined in dhcp.conf, not in .leases.  The .leases file just
gets updated every time there's a connection change.  I have yet to see
any ill behavior from deleting it.  All the systems on the network will
at some point renew without a problem.