Adding/Deleting fixed-address host declations without restrating the DHCP service

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 19:38:21 UTC 2012

Anup Namdhari wrote:

>I would like to know is there any way were after add or delete dhcp
>stop/start is not required to get those changes working .

No. The only way to re-read the config is to restart the server.

However, you could consider OMAPI which I believe can create static
assignments live.

>Our DHCP servers are running in  failover. Addition/Deletion of host
>happens very frequently and same time DHCP restart also done and
>cause DHCP going out-of sync.

I'm sure someone who uses failover will pipe up soon, but I believe
it's best to stagger the restarts rather than do them simultaneously.

--
Simon Hobson