Adding/Deleting fixed-address host declations without restrating the DHCP service

Anup Namdhari Anup.Namdhari at cwgoindia.com
Fri Jul 20 12:00:22 UTC 2012

Hello,

We are using a include option in dhpd.conf file which is for DHCP Server
Configuration extension Data. In the extension data file we mention the
Fixed-Address host declaration. Addition of fixed address is done by
using the tool. I would like to know is there any way were after add or
delete dhcp stop/start is not required to get those changes working .

Our DHCP servers are running in  failover. Addition/Deletion of host
happens very frequently and same time DHCP restart also done and cause
DHCP going out-of sync.

Thanks in advace.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable&Wireless Worldwide e-mail security system. For more information on a proactive
managed e-mail secure service, visit http://www.cw.com/managed-exchange

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.
If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments without retaining any copies.

Cable & Wireless Worldwide plc
Registered in England and Wales. Company Number 07029206
Registered office: Waterside House, Longshot Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1XL, England