Broken IPv6 dhcp clients

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 10:04:06 UTC 2012

Sten Carlsen wrote:

>You could also fire up wireshark and look at the actual messages and
>check what are asking for. Hopefully the are asking for what they
>need if it is not standard.

I've seen clients that insist on certain things being present (or at
least certain behaviors) without asking for them - on the basis that
*the* DHCP server will send them (where *the* means *Windows*).
Though in the case of the one that comes most immediately to mind
(RIP on a Minolta digital copier), it was a matter of not accepting a
lease with less than 2 years life on it - very random !

--
Simon Hobson