DHCPRELEASE on a bootP Address

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Aug 5 14:52:51 UTC 2011

	I think we figured out what was happening. This was a
bootP entry. 192.168.2.12 was the dhcp server address and BCe0
is its interface.

	The access points that were having the problem were on a
remote site and the new AP's were trying to get their domain
name during the booting process and this was failing since the
remote network DHCP packet information was different than what
the process was expecting it to be.

	We created some new remote networks for those special
cases with the expected domain name and  the devices should now
work just fine.

	Thanks to everybody who answered.

Martin McCormick