DHCPRELEASE on a bootP Address

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Thu Aug 4 20:07:17 UTC 2011

> 	What is "not found" referring to?

    Looking at the code on my system, the format for this message ends
with "(%sfound)" and the last parameter is "lease ? "" : "not ". So it
appears the "not found" means the server will be ignoring the release
because it did not have a lease to release. I am running an older v3
server so YMMV if you are more up to date.

    I am not sure why the leases are not being found as that would take
a much deeper look into the code. However, looking at my logs for today,
about 75% of the DHCPRELEASE messages say "not found" so it does not
seem to be unusual.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
ITS, Networks and Systems		|