Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 4.1.1

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 08:23:17 UTC 2010

Abu Abdulla alhanbali wrote:
>O.K. I tried now with 2 NIC but i got this error:
>
>Multiple interfaces match the same subnet: nxge0 nxge1
>Multiple interfaces match the same shared network: nxge0 nxge1
>
>i have two interfaces (IPs) in the same subnet.
>
>nxge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
>         inet 89.211.2.213 netmask fffffff8 broadcast 89.211.2.215
>         ether 0:14:4f:f3:32:cc
>nxge1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3
>         inet 89.211.2.214 netmask fffffff8 broadcast 89.211.2.255
>         ether 0:14:4f:f3:32:cd
>
>do i really need to have different Vlan for each interface to make the
>dhcp works? i only require the server for remote users (not on the
>local subnet).

I thought the aim was to run TWO instances of DHCP server - that
being the case, start on on nxge0 and the other on nxge1. The 'raw'
command would be :

dhcpd <options> nxge0
dhcpd <options> nxge1

Your distro probably has tools for setting the interface(es) in a
config file, but won't have config options for two independent
servers.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it.
This is NOT the same thing as the printer drivers to load on the
computer - there's no problem there.
If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful -
requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...