Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 4.1.1

Abu Abdulla alhanbali montaqa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:15:47 UTC 2010

O.K. I tried now with 2 NIC but i got this error:

Multiple interfaces match the same subnet: nxge0 nxge1
Multiple interfaces match the same shared network: nxge0 nxge1

i have two interfaces (IPs) in the same subnet.

nxge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
        inet 89.211.2.213 netmask fffffff8 broadcast 89.211.2.215
        ether 0:14:4f:f3:32:cc
nxge1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3
        inet 89.211.2.214 netmask fffffff8 broadcast 89.211.2.255
        ether 0:14:4f:f3:32:cd

do i really need to have different Vlan for each interface to make the
dhcp works? i only require the server for remote users (not on the
local subnet).

i tried many options including server-identifier/shared-network
without success. the conf in the two looks like:
ddns-update-style none;
authoritative;
server-identifier 89.211.2.214;
shared-network "local" {
subnet 89.211.2.208 netmask 255.255.255.248 { }
}

any help is appreciated.