[DHCP] RE: Determining request

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Jan 6 03:37:58 UTC 2010

Glenn Satchell wrote:
> If you wanted to keep it real low-tech you could even add another NIC
> to the Fedora box, a small hub or switch and plug the WAPs into that.
> Then use a different IP address range for that.

    No, they need to remain in the same subnet as everything else.  All
I want to do is to not allow unknown *wired* devices automatically
getting shoved into the wireless pool because it does allow unknown
devices.  That's what DHCPd is doing right now.

H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  IT Director / SysAdmin                        .     800.441.3873 x130
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .          2901 55th Street
  http://www.pcraft.com ..... .  .    .       Boulder, CO 80301, U.S.A.