"Peer holds all free leases"

Ausmus, Matt mausmus at chapman.edu
Thu Aug 26 17:21:50 UTC 2010

I have a question about setting the Split Value to 255.  Everything I've
read says to leave the split value at 128 because this generates an even
split between the two servers.  Does setting the Split Value to 255
still allocate free IPs in a 50/50 manner while both servers are up but
if one server fails it allows the remaining server to access all free
leases if needed?

I'm using CentOS 5.5 which is using rpm package dhcp-3.0.5-23.el5.

Thx!

Matt Ausmus

Network Administrator

Chapman University

635 West Palm Street

Orange, CA  92868

(714)628-2738

mausmus at chapman.edu <mailto:mausmus at chapman.edu>

"Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man."

            -Bucy's Law