RES: dhcp server secundary

adalberto acosta at ufpe.br
Fri Oct 23 21:05:30 UTC 2009

Simon,
Thanks for the tip. Now pass over the command and it worked.

adalberto wrote:

>There is command in router that point to a secondary dhcp server ?
>How to point to <http://www.lithodyne.net/docs/dhcp/dhcp.html>DHCP
>Failover using ip helper-address on a router ?
>Example: ip helper-address xxx.yyy.zzz.qqq secondary

I think you can just specify multiple "ip helper" commands - I assume
this is Cisco ? Or if both servers are in one subnet, then you can
sometimes use a broadcast address instead (depends on your topology
and if you allow directed broadcasts).

--
Simon Hobson