setting the DNS search string

Doug Chapman prjctgeek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:56:32 UTC 2009

You want man dhcp-options, no d:
  option domain-search domain-list;

          The domain-search option specifies a ’search list’ of Domain Names
to be used
          by the client to locate not-fully-qualified  domain  names.   The
 difference
          between  this  option and historic use of the domain-name option
for the same
          ends is that this option is encoded in RFC1035 compressed labels
on the wire.
          For example:

            option domain-search "example.com", "sales.example.com",
                                 "eng.example.com";