setting the DNS search string

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Wed Mar 4 15:37:51 UTC 2009

With 'option domain-name', am I setting the equivalent of a "search" string
in /etc/resolv.conf or the equivalent of the older "domain" string?  I.e.,
can I set more than one domain in there?

Hard to tell from dhcpd-options(5).  Pointers to better references appreciated.

(This, FBoFW, is dhcp-3.0.5-18.el5 under RHEL 5.3.  Yes, I should be using
ISC DHCP 4.x, but it's a support thing - i.e. I'm not willing to support it
myself!  Why Redhat is *this* far behind, I have no idea.  I don't want
bleeding edge, but this is further behind than necessary.)

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu