dhclient.conf 'send host-name' with args

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Feb 3 18:38:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 09:00:11AM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> dhclient -H `cat /etc/hostname`

That reminds me, we need to do something about that.

How many people would actually revolt if we just started sending
the system hostname by default if no config was specified?  My main
concern was privacy, but the more people I talk to, the less people I
meet who actually are concerned about people knowing their hostname.