The DHCP client can not detect the address provided by the server

DÔ Phan-Cam-Thach dophancamthach at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 14:19:58 UTC 2008

First, thank you so much for your answer Simon.

First question: i put some parameters who are not importants. And i put a lease with fixed-address is B. If i understand well, dhclient.conf is used when starting the client to tell the server what address the client prefer for its configuration.

Second question: it is easy to find out that i had a mistake while typing this command. It wasnt the one i have tried ^_^. Of course it is:

 sudo dhcpd -cf dhcpd.conf -lf dhcpd.leases eth1 start

Third question: is there any conflict between our dhclient and the dhclient integrated in Ubuntu by defaut (my OS is Ubuntu and i know when we install Ubuntu, there is also dhcp integrated in it by defaut)?

DO Phan Cam Thach
email: dophancamthach at yahoo.co.uk