Multiple subnets with classes - 'option routers' issue

Gundares vanchik at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 9 07:36:25 UTC 2008

Hi, Glenn and dhcp-users,

В вс, 08/06/2008 в 23:02 +1000, Glenn Satchell пишет:
> Hi Ivan
>
> Your classes are defined within the 172.16.0.0 subnet definition, so the class
> membership inherits from the subnet and thus gets that default router.
>
> The simplest solution is to move the class definitions into the global scope
> andonly have options router and the pool definitions within the subnet.
>
> Within pools mixing allow and deny is not recommendeded due to the way these are
> parsed. Including an allow implicitly denies everything else, likewise, denying
> a class implicitly allows everything else.

thank you, now it is working, but one moment is still unclear for me:
what if I need set some options for my cable modems inside subnet
declaration, but my classes are defined globally now? How can I
determine is the dhcp-client cable modem (or MTA) or not? I think, class
matching based on giaddr field of packet will be very useful in this
case, won't it? Is there another way to define (unique) classes inside
different subnets for the same cable modems?

--
Regards,
Ivan V. Borodin <ivan at vimcom.ru>