test client

Werner Otto werner.otto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 06:47:36 UTC 2008

You have a couple of options involving having to create your own test client
or using the examples.
http://search.cpan.org/~shadinger/Net-DHCP-0.65/lib/Net/DHCP/Packet.pm is a
Perl API, download the source and look in the examples directory for the
dhcp client script. Also you can have a look at
http://www.dhcp.org/javadhcp/. My idea was to use this API in a Jmeter
script to perform the load test, but came short when sometimes I would not
get the DHCP OFFER back to the client, but could see the OFFER in a tcpdump.

Let me know how you get on, maybe you achieve more than I have.

Regards,
Werner

--
Kind Regards