How to identify a client?

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 07:02:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Your first solution doesn't work for me, because I have several different subnets. So I can't give the client the same IP-Address in different subnets.
As a second point I don't know all the MAC-addresses before the clients is connected to the network.

Your second solution I don't understand completly: Is the DHCP-identifier from the clilent the same, even if the MAC-address is changed?

thanks,
Tom.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------