DHCP in NAT in a VM Guest and a Mac Host

Romer Ventura rventura at h-st.com
Tue Jul 1 15:22:26 UTC 2008

It doesn't matter.. You can have many services running in one VM guest. They
can both use the same NIC. In fact you can have many virtual Ifs in one
physical NIC. Or you can access one physical NIC per Guest.

You need to check your setup... Also those logs are no help. You should see
something like this when you start it:
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.3
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Copyright 2004-2005 Internet Systems
Consortium.
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: All rights reserved.
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: For info, please visit
http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Not searching LDAP since ldap-server,
ldap-port and ldap-base-dn were not specified in the config file
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.3
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Copyright 2004-2005 Internet Systems
Consortium.
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: All rights reserved.
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: For info, please visit
http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Not searching LDAP since ldap-server,
ldap-port and ldap-base-dn were not specified in the config file
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.
Jul  1 10:21:25 sigma2 dhcpd: Wrote 44 leases to leases file.
Jul  1 10:21:26 sigma2 dhcpd: Listening on
LPF/eth0/00:0c:29:14:be:c9/192.168.1/24
Jul  1 10:21:26 sigma2 dhcpd: Sending on
LPF/eth0/00:0c:29:14:be:c9/192.168.1/24
Jul  1 10:21:26 sigma2 dhcpd: Sending on   Socket/fallback/fallback-net

------
rventura at h-st.com