force to only accept hardware address as dhcp-client-identifier

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:50:03 UTC 2008

Unless they have recently changed their minds,
despite numerous requests, ISC refuses to add such
an option because it is contrary to the RFC standards
documents.  However, this comes up on the list every
few months, so if you are not afraid to get your hands
a little dirty and modify the code yuorself, if you
look back through the list archives, you can find several
patches to do this.

We have been running our dhcpd like this for years.

John